What you'll get up to
- You'll coordinate all of Piglet’s new product development from ideation through to launch
- Managing the critical path on a day-to-day basis, communicating relevant timelines to all internal and external parties and making sure they are adhered to
- Keep a very clear and well organised spreadsheet record of all (past and future) steps involved in a product’s development process, identify any rate determining steps, and make recommendations to reduce time to launch
- Provide weekly status updates to the rest of the product team, summarising all upcoming deadlines, any bottlenecks identified and any actions required to resolve them
- Work with our team of contracted product development consultants (designers, garment tech, sustainability experts etc.), as well as our factories to ensure a smooth and timely delivery of new products
- Become the main point of contact for all our factory partners, and build strong relationships with them over zoom and in person
- Keep supplier files summarising all relevant information, such as lead times, minimum order quantities, payment terms etc.
- Work with our Founder and the rest of the product team to develop new product ideas and help identify optimal sourcing solutions
- Ensure our brand and ecommerce teams have all relevant product information to enable them to create product descriptions, blog content etc.
- Work with Piglet’s creative asset team in the lead-up to any launches to ensure the correct product samples are sent by the factories
- Perform preliminary research into any industry trends and competitor offerings to help determine exact product specifications
Who this role will suit
- This role is key to maintaining the smooth development process for all new Piglet in Bed products (a big focus area for us!), so you'll need to be very organized and enjoy developing your own organisational systems.
- It will be your responsibility to make sure that nobody else on the team drops the ball and so you will need to be confident enough to chase when needed!
- You'll need to be self driven and independent given the remote nature of the role.
- While the core of the role is organisational, this role would also suit someone with creative ideas for new products.
- Experience working with factories and ideally relationships with home textile factories would be great as we will be expanding our supply chain around the world as we launch more products.
- As a small team, we often help each other out across departments. We're looking for someone who is ready to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, no matter what the challenge might be.
What the role offers
Trust and flexibility - we trust you to work to the schedule that’s most productive for you and your teammates. Sometimes we might need longer hours from you, or require you to be in a different city, but our flexibility works both ways and we will also do our upmost to support your work/life balance.
Remote working - to get the best out of this role you'll need to be able to be in London regularly but you'll be home based most of the time.
A friendly and sociable team - Our team has grown gradually to 30 people over the last couple of years and a lot of these hires have resulted from people bringing on board their friends and family, which makes us a tight knit team! Although we're based from home, we get together for retreats a couple of times per year and try to meet up plenty of times in between too.
Opportunities to learn and grow - as a small team, everyone gets stuck right in and we're all willing to help and support. If you join us in this role, you'll spend time in each department to be sure you're fully immersed in the Piglet world and have plenty of support from all business areas.
The challenges you might face
We want to be really honest here; fully remote roles can be as challenging as they are appealing! We have no permanent site, and don't plan to have one anytime soon, so do give some thought to whether it's the right thing for you. We have plenty of video calls and socials wherever we can, but it's not quite the same as the daily coffee break in an office!
This will be a fast paced role; we’re a young business still finding our feet, and we make decisions quickly. There are lots of new ideas and deadlines to keep up with, and you’ll need to be sure you can thrive in this environment.
You'll need to be a real self starter; we're a lean and fast paced team. Every single member of the team will be happy to help you out, but you will need to be confident in reaching out to ask questions and get involved
You'll initially meet our Founder/CEO alongside another member of the Senior Management Team on a Google Meet, and subsequently successful applicants will then be invited to attend an informal second interview in London.